DIY Fabric Coasters
I had some of my very close friends from college over today and they helped me craft! Which was nice because I’ve been wanting to make this for a long time but needed more hands on deck. We made DIY fabric coasters and even my toddler got involved. All you need is some fabric, tiles from Home Depot or Lowe’s, ModPodge and sponge brushes. Also, some small felt circles help avoid scratches to your table. Oh, and really good scissors. The reason why I mention this is because we used my kitchen scissors and this frustrated all involved. Note to self: buy craft scissors!!!
- Place coaster on fabric and trace the shape. Cut out as many as you need.
- Use the sponge brush to spread ModPodge across the top of the tile, line up and press the fabric down across the top.
- Brush a second coat of ModPodge over the top of the fabric to seal it.
- Glue some felt pieces to each corner on the bottom.
- Let them dry and there you have it. Add a cute bow and you’re ready to go!
And by “involved”, you can see what I really meant to say was “wrapped the fabric around herself into a pretty stylish shaw because my 2.5 year old is more fashionable than I am”.